Saturday, August 19, 2006

Keeping The Faith On The Highway Of Life

Niki Paton / Baseball Notions

SCHAUMBURG, Ill.- Life is funny sometimes. Just when you think you're where you need to be to get things done, the momentum switches with one phone call and you take another turn.

This week has tried my faith and my heart. Knowing someone I love could be faced with something that could take them away from me makes me look deeper into my soul for answers and strength.

On Thursday night, after a trying two days, I only had a few hours notice to pack up so we could drive all night to reach Schaumburg, Illinois at 6am Friday morning for an afternoon appointment in Chicago, Ill.

I honestly thought my time down here was over for the season, but it seems fate always finds reasons for me to come back. In July it was to celebrate a life, the life of a special woman who has had 90 wonderful years of love to share with others and is as bright as a young woman about to embark on a new life.

Now, I am back not in celebration of anything but with hope for a better, brighter future still to come. It's been a whirl wind of a week full of heart ache, hope, faith, love and incredible support from so many.

I feel blessed to know so many people in my life are here to hold me up when I feel like I can't stand alone. Even a friend far away can make a weary heart find a little more faith with a kind phone call.

I still don't know where this road is going to take me, but this journey, no matter how rough the surface may seem will be a better one for knowing so many are here to help me make it through.

No comments: